Monday, March 8, 2010

Aloha's breakerz day

Hey this is Jonah Kiseyinewakup, Refined/Undignified's B-boy.

Today we did a few performances, and workshops in a public high school, that Adrian Webber graduated called "Aloha". I met some b-boys (break dancers) at one of our performances, it was fun breaking, and talking with them, since I'm the only bboy on the hip hop dance team, it is always an awesome oppertunity to meet other break dancers when we go to other places. the dancers I met their names were Rona, Vandetta, Michael, and Justin. Rona is a very talented B-boy, he's been breaking for 5 years, and also a freshman, he told me had an older brother that was a bboy that he learned from, and I can see how he got very good at such at an young. Vandetta was in training in bboying, I could tell that Rona was teaching him. Vandetta was very welcoming to us R/U dancers, it was an interesting experience to just break with them, and exchange tips on learning certain break moves. Rona was teaching me a power move that is really difficult to learn called "Flare", the flare is also used in the gymnastics, so it is a acrobatic move, through his teaching, I was able to get better at it, pointing out the stuff that i was doing wrong.
I have really enjoyed this experience, it was such an awesome fun day for me, and hope the light of Christ shined through me towards the B-boys I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment